Friday, February 11, 2011

Opinions Wanted

Last night, we rearranged our living room. I really like it! It makes the room feel larger and more open, which is strange, since the sofa is taking up more space at an angle.
Now that we like the set up, some minor decor changes need to be made!
That's where YOU come in! I would love for you to tell me what this room needs. It just doesn't have the feel that I want. This is what the room looked like before we changed things up a little.

Ugh. That hideous blue recliner sticks out like a sore thumb! But, we are on a budget and that hand me down chair will have to do until we can afford the chair and a half that we so desperately want.

*update: Someone pointed out that it was odd to see the back of the chair as soon as you walked into the house. Well, this didn't even cross my mind because we never use this door. We have a side door (that enters into the kitchen/dining area) that everyone uses. This front door is literally never opened. And the poor blue recliner has to stay for now. I know it's horrifying ;) but people have to have somewhere to sit and a new chair of any sort is definitely not in our budget right now. Give me time, it will be replaced eventually, I promise :)

We will be getting new carpet as soon as the landlord decides to buy it. Hopefully soon!

When I look at this room, it feels too dark. Like there is too much brown. I want it to be bright, light, and simplified. What do you think about the pillows? Should the brown ones be replaced? If so, with what?

This mirror is one thing that feels too dark. I thought about trying to change it in some way...any ideas?

This is the corner across from the sofa. I love the antique dresser my fiance refinished.

Another "too dark" area of the room. When I lived at home, I loved black accents. Now that we're in our own home, my tastes are changing. I would love to replace these black frames with all white ones.
Again, any thoughts? Should I keep the frame gallery or go with something more simple?

I know all of you ladies have great taste and creative ideas. I am just at a loss with this room. I think sometimes it's easier to look at someone else's house and tell them what needs to be changed than it is to look at your own. All of your opinions would be greatly appreciated! I promise, I won't take offense to anything you say ;)

~Enjoy your weekend!



No comments:

Post a Comment