Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Steel yourself

Photograph copyright: DAVID McMAHON (Image ID: Sydney2010-6640)


This was shot beneath one of the world's great landmarks, but can you guess which one it is? I was captivated not just by the graceful street lamp but by the many geometrical silhouettes I could see here - squares, rectangles, circles, triangles and arcs.

No, it's not the Eiffel Tower. No, it ain't the Golden Gate Bridge. I shot this on home soil. Any ideas? OK - I'll reveal this was shot in New South Wales. If you said I was standing underneath the Sydney Harbour Bridge, then you are absolutely right!

I shot this on the Easter weekend this year. We were with close friends at the open-air weekend market at The Rocks, the historic harbourside area, when I decided to walk underneath the bridge to see if I could perhaps conjure up a "different" view of the much-photographed Australian icon.

No comments:

Post a Comment