Friday, October 29, 2010

Hello, is it me you're looking for?

Photograph copyright: DAVID McMAHON (Image ID: Malaysia2010-3437)


As soon as I saw the word emblazoned in white on this public phone booth in central Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, in January this year, I thought of the Lionel Richie hit song, Hello.

This was very close to our hotel and I shot this image just after we had checked in, dropped our bags off and headed out to explore a city we hadn't seen in more than six months. In order to get this shot, I had to wait to get a clear field of vision on a busy footpath.

We saw more phone booths around the city, all in the same distinctive colour scheme - but none of them with the paint so fresh. I've seen some pretty interesting public phones around the world, but this one was up there with the best of them, for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment