Thursday, March 20, 2008

Welcome to my Imagination - and Happy Easter

Oh woe... I'm still being a bad blogger. One post a week. The situation is dire. What can I say. I am gripped in the teeth of a story. I'm obsessed and distracted and barely know which way is up. I'm being tossed about by characters and consumed by words. And I'm loving it!

The word count is at about 45 000 and I'm on the home stretch. This will definitely be my shortest manuscript yet. But that's no bad thing. I'm guessing there are about three or four chapters to go. I've been writing between 3000 to 5000 words on good days - on bad days, I just stare out the window - or go and play in the digital darkroom while my imagination refuels.

But then, once this manuscript is finished, I have a brand new idea for the next novel - frankly, I feel like I'm being pursued by stories - I may well disappear into the Land of Story, never to be seen again. You may have to come and rescue me!

And aside from that I also have plenty of tales to tell you when I do come up for air - about the Silver Evil who was herded by guinea fowl - with pictures... the wonderful flower seller I found down a dirt road... the luscious grapes that tasted of honeyed sunshine that I bought at a roadside stall ... Oh, and there's other news... but I won't tell you that just yet. A bit of suspense is good in every tale.

Meanwhile, welcome to my imagination... And have a wonderful Easter weekend. Happy egg hunting!







No comments:

Post a Comment