Monday, March 3, 2008

An award and a meme

Awards time again. This time an art award from Sameera


The blurb reads as follows:
Art Prize and Award
"This prize has arisen from the daily visits that I dedicate to many blogs which nourish me and enrich me with creativity. In them I see dedication, creativity, care, comradeship, but mainly, ART, much art. I want to share this prize with all those bloggers that entertain me day to day and to share this prize with those who enrich me every day. Doubtlessly, there are many and it will be hard to pick just a few, the people I will name today deserve this prize, as do the very long serious list of bloggers I also enjoy to read, but I will name the first 10 and will leave the rest of the work to all the bloggers that visit other's blogs and are nourished by them."

The usual rules apply, post award on blog, pass award on to five others. You know the drill.

I've been struck by some of the most stunning photography in blogosphere, so I'm giving this award to some people whose images just blow me away.

In no particular order:

Reya
Jefferson
Kyklops
Merisi
the Mouse
Julie

(Yeah, I know, I can't count.)


And then there's this meme that's been going around blogosphere and the coolest thing is that no one seems to be tagging anyone else to do it - just the way I like it!

The rules are:
1. Pick up the nearest book (of at least 123 pages).
2. Open the book to page 123.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the next three sentences.
5. Tag five people.

So here goes:

"Yet however hard ego may try to sabotage the spiritual path, if you really continue on it, and work deeply with the practice of meditation, you will begin slowly to realise just how gulled you have been by ego's promises: false hopes and false fears. Slowly you begin to understand that both hope and fear are enemies of your peace of mind; hopes deceive you, and leave you empty and disappointed, and fears paralyze you in the narrow cell of your false identity. You begin to see also just how all-encompassing the sway of ego has been over your mind, and in the space of freedom opened up by meditation, you glimpse the exhilarating spaciousness of your true nature."

From: The Tibetan Book of Living and Dying by Sogyal Rinpoche (10th Anniversary Edition Revised and Updated 2002. Published by Rider)

And I'm not tagging anyone, but if you want to do it, go for it.

And now back to my new manuscript.

No comments:

Post a Comment