Thursday, March 13, 2008

Bad Blogger, Good Writer

I'm being a bad, bad blogger, I know, and I apologise. But I am being a good, good writer. I have my head down and am beavering away on my new manuscript. I'm afraid when I get into a manuscript in this way I become obsessive. It's a case of lock the door, throw away the keys and don't bother me - and don't expect me to make supper either. When I venture out it's usually with a glazed expression on my face and my conversation tends to be deeply distracted as though I'm on another planet. So that's where I'm at, at the moment.

The current word count is just shy of 30 000 words and I have a sense that this is probably going to be one of my shortest, sparest novels so far. The whole thing is proving to be an interesting experience as I'm trying to do something I've not done before in terms of plot and theme. We'll see how it goes and I'll know when I get to the end whether it's any good. I think it will certainly be different...

Anyway, by way of an apology, here are some shots of a walk on Sunday - out with the big lens which enabled me to get the kind of shots I don't normally take. I have a few more and I'll post them next time.

In the meantime, be well, take care and stay connected.


Egret sitting at the top of a willow tree

Blue Dragonfly

I'm not quite sure what these are - little brown jobs of some sort...

This was the most pleasing surprise - I didn't even know I'd got this shot!

And he was just my best - there is nothing happier than a wet, bouncy Golden Retriever!

No comments:

Post a Comment