Sunday, January 13, 2008

Everywhere


I met God today.
He told me he was from Burundi.
His face was dark and shiny.
He said he had no money, asked if I could give him a job.
He said they were going to evict him from his house if he couldn't pay his rent.
I said I had no job for him but I gave him some money and promised that if I heard of anyone who could offer work, I would come and find him.
As I drove away he smiled. His face lit up and so did mine and the heavens shone above us.



I hugged God today.
I touched the vastness of all we beheld.
He whispered love and peace to me, as I wrapped my arms around his girth.
As I gazed at him in wonder he scattered golden leaves in my hair.



I smelled God today.
She was fresh and pure and took me to ecstatic heights of chocolate, vanilla, peaches and roses.
My heart sang as I swam in the scent of love.




I cried with God today.
She told me she was from Zimbabwe.
Robert Mugabe had burned the market where she worked.
She has a six year daughter whom she'd left behind.
She came here to look for work and her husband ran off with another woman.
Now she has no place to live.
She looked at me with eyes filled with pain.
And I felt her heart crack and ache.

No comments:

Post a Comment