Friday, January 18, 2008

Erm, Vote for Me... at Santa's Blog of the Day

Unaccustomed to and uncomfortable as I am with shameless self promotion.... (and believe me when I tell you - adding this in as a post script - that this post does indeed make me deeply uncomfortable. Please see * at the end of post.)

The very sweet and generous Sameera has nominated me for Santa's Blog of the Day for the 19th of January - and because Sameera is such a honey, I thought I'd play along.

Yes, I did say Santa and I did say blog. Santa, it appears, has his own blog, his own web page and all sorts of other things going on. Santa, it seems, unlike many others of my acquaintance, has "got with the programme" and is doing his thing in cyberspace. Now that's what I call moving with the times.

It seems too that Santa hands out awards for favourite blogs. Now, I don't know if my blog is a favourite of yours but if it is, perhaps you'd like to get together with Santa and vote for me HERE



Christmas may be over - for now - but it seems the love is still flowing! ;-)

And oh yes, the editing is going very well!

Postscript: I remain in two minds as to whether to remove this post or not.
Posting this nomination has made me extremely uncomfortable. I am really not into this kind of self promotion. The ego is a damnable thing and this sort of thing just panders to it. However, at the same time, I know and appreciate the spirit in which Sameera made this nomination and for that reason, and to honour her intent, I will leave this post up. I will, however, have to rack my brains overnight to come up with a new post for tomorrow, so this one doesn't stay on top for long. I hope you'll understand my "logic" on this and not find this post offensive.

No comments:

Post a Comment