Friday, November 16, 2007

Paying it Forward - Update

In October, I spotted this over at Mouse Medicine and figured I just had to play along in Paying It Forward. I took up the challenge in this post and asked three bloggers to accordingly play Pay it Forward further.

Carla, Sameera and Red Dirt Girl all said they'd like to play and accordingly, I went off and bought little gifts for each of them and popped them into the post. Today I had a note from Sameera to say she'd received her gift - she's even posted about it on her blog! That means that Carla and Red should be getting their gifts really soon, if they've not already arrived. On that basis, I thought you might like to see just where the little gifts came from... And so here's a bit of Novography.


The market where the goodies were bought... It's in a seaside suburb called Hout Bay, which likes to think of itself as "the Republic of Hout Bay" - it's beautiful, go and take a look at the link.

One lot of goodies were purchased from the young fellow on the left - he wanted to know when I'd place a really big order for friends overseas!

A close up of some of his wares... - all sorts of beaded African creatures. These beaded goods can be bought pretty much anywhere, on the side of the road, at traffic lights and at street side stalls as well as at craft markets.

The stall holder and stall from whom the second lot of goodies was purchased. Crafters of all sorts abound in South Africa and I'm constantly amazed by the vibrant creativity.

I've included this shot because I love this stall, the ceramic legs in a chair salt and peppers (at the back of the table) really tickle my funny bone.

No comments:

Post a Comment