Saturday, August 7, 2010

Our Bedroom


When I set about creating our bedroom, I wanted a very simple and restful place.
{I even banned the t.v. from the room...with much objection from my fiance!}
I fell in love with grey bedrooms awhile back and knew I wanted to use a shade of it for our room. I ended up with "medium grey" (creative, huh?) from good old wal-mart. I absolutely love it!


My bed and two nightstands that I had in my old room look perfect in here. I adore farmhouse style furniture and the dark wood is a great contrast to the grey walls and white trim.


I splurged and bought a simply shabby chic comforter from target. The ruffles are so cute! All white bedding gave me that very simple look I was going for.


I would still love to get a pretty, peaceful painting for above the bed, and I'm not real sure what to do about the windows. They have white blinds (don't disown me!) on them right now, simply because we have very close neighbors!


My old dresser made it into the new house! I like the white in contrast to my other dark furniture. I want to find a silver tray to line white candles on for the dresser. The trio of three mirrors came from michaels. They were tied with ugly purple ribbon, but I switched it out for some sheer white. I was looking for an antique-ish type mirror to put here, but when I found these for $2.99 for the small ones, and $4.99 for the large one, had to buy them.


Silver letters spell out "love" in our windowsill. A sweet touch.

Thank you for joining me on the tour of our simple, restful, grey and white bedroom. We love it! And sleep very well here!

~Have a wonderful weekend~

No comments:

Post a Comment