Saturday, July 25, 2009

Off The Beaten Track

Dunno About Snowmobiles, Where's That Caribou?

Photograph copyright: DAVID McMAHON


If you're wondering where this shot was taken, let me give you a clue. Yes, we have snowmobiles in Australia. But no, we don't have caribou. So you're thinking I took this shot when I was in the Yukon last year? Yep, you're right.

This was taken on the picturesque Coal Road outside Whitehorse and even though there was a cool breeze blowing off the mountains that were capped with the previous season's snow, there was brilliant sunshine on the autumn foliage all around me.

But here's a grammatical question. Does the sign apply to the caribou, as in the command "Caribou, stay on trail"? No, it takes a second or two for my brain to realise the command is for us humans, as in "Take it easy, mate, there are caribou here - so it's safer if you stay on the track."

Yup. I knew that.

Check out the rules at Camera Critters or go to Misty Dawn.

No comments:

Post a Comment