Monday, December 24, 2007

Season's Greetings and Scenes from my Tree


The vanillekipferl, the cinnamon stars and the marzipan fruits are all baked. The gammon is cooking, the food shopping is done, the tree is decorated and the presents are wrapped. The weather is unseasonal - thunderstorms to start the day which have now given way to blue skies and fluffy clouds - I'm not complaining, it's better than the sweltering 33 degrees C we had on Saturday. And so, as you can gather, I have surrendered to Christmas and have joined in the mania. I'm wearing my Santa beanie, humming to myself, smiling at all the frazzled and irritated shoppers and wishing the people working on the tills good cheer, good luck and Merry Christmas - and so I do the same to you.

I wish you a happy and festive and blessed Christmas and a peaceful and joyful New Year. May 2008 bring you good health, laughter, love, harmony and happiness and may all your dreams come true. If you do not celebrate the season, I wish you well and I send you love and laughter and joy.

Have a wonderful holiday season!
Merry Christmas to one and all!


You will notice that aside from the usual baubles and beads and whatnot, my tree is peopled with all sorts of folk who, when the lights are dimmed come out and celebrate the magic.










And here's what I've been humming to myself recently...


No comments:

Post a Comment