Monday, October 8, 2007

Breath of All Things

And continuing The Moon Topple's Phoctober theme...

I want to say at the outset of this post that although I write, my natural leaning is towards prose - fiction and non-fiction. I do not incline easily to poetry - it requires far too much thinking to my mind! - though heaven knows as a teenager I spent hours scribbling "pomes". That said, there are times when some words appear that simply do not fit the shape of prose and so I take them and package them into forms that seem more suitable to what they are. I'm not sure one could or should call it poetry.





I am the wind.

I am the space between the leaves

the breath that carries the first robin’s song.

I am the swell and fall of the ocean

the rainbow on the splash of waves.

I am the silence between words

the stillness between the notes of a song.

I linger between buildings

drift in the valleys

and rest in the depths of a lake.

I rise up above the peaks

and soar through the stars.

I am the space between your fingers

the place within your dreams.

I flow through all things

encompassing and enveloping all.

Infinite and expansive

I am that I am

I am

and

I am is so much bigger than me.





These shots were taken earlier this year along a southern coastal stretch of South Africa known as The Garden Route. It is an area blessed by miles of pristine sandy beaches, rocky coves, placid lakes, deep ravines, tumbling rivers and miles of indigenous forest filled with giant Yellowwood trees. It is yet another one those incredibly beautiful places provided by nature amidst the other insanity that surrounds us.

No comments:

Post a Comment