Friday, July 25, 2008

37 Things



Am I blogging again? You know, I'm really not sure. Perhaps. Maybe. Does it look like it?
I turn here anyway as a result for the need for levity. For you, that means expect some silliness. Sometimes silly is the only way to go.

Of course, with little to say for myself (ha ha ha), I thought I should find something to jog me along. And unafraid to steal from the rich and famous (no, don't call me Robin), I came across this meme on John Green's blog. You don't know who he is? Oh where have you been? Alright, let me tell you - he's a brilliant YA author and Nerdfighter.


1. Do you like blue cheese?

Yes but my insides don't. It makes them go soggy.

2. Have you ever smoked?

Yes. It was a stupid and expensive idea, especially given that I was what was known as a "social" smoker. How deeply uncool is that?

3. Do you own a gun?

No, but I own four cans of mace. Be afraid.

4. What flavor Kool Aid was your favorite?

Kool Aid? It's still around? People drink it? Euurgh.

5. Do you get nervous before doctor appointments?

Sometimes.

6. What do you think of hot dogs?

I think they should be allowed to swim in cool rivers.
Oh, you mean the eating kind. I think they're disgusting - and have the same effect as blue cheese.

7. Favorite Christmas movie?

Christmas movie. Look, we all know how I feel about Christmas, do I even have to answer this? I must? Oh well, how about The Grinch.

8. What do you prefer to drink in the morning?

Cocoa

9. Can you do push ups?

Why would I want to?

10. What's your favorite piece of jewelry?

Depends on where the moon is but I'm quite keen on my engagement ring and my granny's old starburst garnet pendant.

11. Favorite hobby?

Is writing a hobby? Gym? Reading?

12. Do you have A.D.D.?

Nah, I don't think so.

13. Do you wear glasses/contacts?

Did the big bad wolf? Seriously: sometimes when I read. It appears to have something to do with advancing years.

14. Middle name?

Is this a need to know question? What will you give me if I tell you?

15. Name 3 thoughts at this exact moment?

Why am I doing this? Is anyone going to laugh when they read this? Why are those bloody guinea fowl still ba-kaaking, I've just fed them!

16. Name 3 drinks you regularly drink?

Water, apple juice, cocoa.

17. Current worry?

Just one? You're kidding me, right? See post below.

18. Current hate right now?

Doctors and dentists and antimalarials.

19. Favorite place to be?

Um, just one? Mauritian beach, Tuscan hillside, holed up in my study.

20. How did you bring in the new year?

I had nothing to do with it, it brought itself in - though I'm sure millions of others tried to help it along.

21. Where would you like to go?

Off planet.

22. Name three people who will complete this?

Well, I'm kinda hoping Bob Mugabe, Jacob Zuma and Prince Charles will have a go.

23. Do you own slippers?

Yes.

24. What shirt are you wearing?

Erm, I'm doing that slobby writer thing. I'm still in my jammies.

25. Do you like sleeping on satin sheets?

Ooh er...

26. Can you whistle?

I think I can but for many years my mother has assured me I cannot. You decide.

27. Favorite color?

Just one? Oh okay, greenbluepinkmauve

28. Would you be a pirate?

Only if Johnny Depp was also playing.

29. What songs do you sing in the shower?

I'm not really sure you could call it singing.

30. Favorite Girl's Name?

Samantha. Nope, don't ask me why and if you ask me tomorrow I'll probably give you a different answer.

31. Favorite boy's name?

Luke. And the same as the above applies. Right now Luke is a bit top of mind because he's all over the pages of my current WIP (that's Work in Progress for you who don't know.)

32. What's in your pocket right now?

Hmm, it transpires there are a few grains of mixed corn, some sunflowers seeds and a lot of fluff in there. Did I mention I've just fed the guinea fowl?

33. Last thing that made you laugh?

John Green's vlog with the clip on critical analysis of Catcher in the Rye.

34. What vehicle do you drive?

It's called the Blue Peril. It's a Honda with a go-faster engine.

35. Worst injury you've ever had?

Sprained knee as the result of drinking a bottle of gin and then trying to do a handstand on the back of a couch. It was a long time ago and we don't want to go back there.

36. Do you love where you live?

Do you really need me to answer that? I mean just look at all the posts below. Oh alright then, well, let's just say: nice place, shame about the people. Nuf zed.

37. How many TVs do you have in your house?

Two, but only one gets used.

No comments:

Post a Comment