Monday, May 26, 2008

Calling the Angels

Spare a prayer...

It is, quite frankly, too hard for me to write today what I was planning on writing about. I have had a weekend bombarded with the reality of violent xenophobia and there is just so much I can take. Our media are full of it, and, given that I've provided Angela and her husband with refuge, my life is now full of it too. The ignorant barbarism of it all is almost beyond me and I find it tearing at my energy.

If you are interested, and want to know me, let me know in the comments and I'll post about it later in the week. For now though, I'd rather share with you some fun, lighthearted images snapped a week ago in Franschhoek - a village about an hour from Cape Town, famed for its wonderful restaurants, fine vineyards, quirky shops and wonderful scenery.


Across the tracks and golden vineyards...


These whimsical beauties come from Pret a Pot... - a wonderful spot tucked away at a railway siding.

Russet bird - not rusted bird

Within your heart...

Mermaids ponder and plan...

Garden warrior...

We need the angels right now...

Drakenstein Autumn

No comments:

Post a Comment