Friday, March 4, 2011

Inspired


Spring is close.
 The smell...opening windows...the sense of renewal and possibility.
Along with the new season approaching comes a desire to lighten and brighten things up around our house.  
I want to replace all of the dark, heavy, winter items with fresh flowers, bowls of fruit in the kitchen, and lots of light, white airy accents.

The simplicity of this room makes me swoon.

My favorite things about this adorable kitchen? The gray walls, beadboard paneling, and bowl of artichokes sitting pretty on the island. It all feels very fresh and light.

I've always loved banquet seating. When I used to draw house plans as a child, banquet seating was always included. Doesn't this look like the perfect place to sit down with a cup of coffee and your favorite magazine?

Just an all around pretty room.

~What are you doing to welcome Spring into your homes? Have a beautiful weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment